Sunday, October 10, 2010

Saying farewell to old stuff


Saying goodbye to dear things and memories...

... and looking towards the future

Moving away / homes can be painful: not only you need to pack all your belongings into countless number of boxes (tiring and stressing, if time is limited), but you also need to say farewell to all those dear things, which, you've just realised, you didn't use for the last 3 years (can be sad...).

During the last week we've packed over 20 boxes and threw out at least 6 huge bags of trash (and we thought we had little stuff in our small apratment).

The picture features 8 burning heart shaped candles handmade by me back in Lithuania over 4 years ago. I've never used them, they never found their purpose, but I felt like keeping them for a special moment. Two days ago in the moment of rest, I've decided it's time to trash them along with a lot of other old stuff & memories. I've lit them up and they burned for a few minutes only... I liked what I saw so much, that it brought such good feelings and memories that I decided to keep them... framed in a picture-frame on someone's wall :) Some things are really worth saying goodbye to - the act of it alone can give birth to something new & beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, and cool plans. Will keep following you for sure. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eva! Will try to write more about our experiences once we get access to faster and cheaper internet :)

    ReplyDelete